Continuation of tree (8th child of Francois Xavier Lepitre/Marie Emma Pepin); all known surname descendants:
9 George Lepitre b: 1 May 1885 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: 10 May 1955 Hardwick, Caledonia, VT
+Effie May Shedd b: 27 March 1889 West Albany, Orleans, VT; m: 22 July 1906 Lowell, Orleans, VT [Warren/Flora Sweetland]; d: 6 August 1917 St. Johnsbury, Caledonia, VT
10 Ernest Edward Lapete b: 7 May 1907 Barton, Orleans, VT; d: 18 February 1966 Leicester, Addison, VT
+Isabel Alice McAdams b: 1908 Hardwick, Caledonia, VT; m: 5 September 1931 Craftsbury, Orleans, VT [Frederick/Alice Mabel Rockwell]; d: 3 May 1968 Rutland, Rutland, VT
10 Wilfrid Lapete b: 16 March 1912 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH; d: 7 July 1912 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH
*2nd Wife of George Lepitre:
+Emma Izora Shedd (Travis) b: 6 August 1885 Dannemora, Clinton, NY; m: 10 October 1936 Irasburg, Orleans, VT [Warren/Flora Sweetland]; d: 14 September 1949 Hardwick, Caledonia, VT
Notes for George Lepitre:
- 1910 Manchester, Hillsborough, New Hampshire: George LaPete 24 (cotton mill laborer), wife of 3 years Effie M. 21, Ernest E. 2; brother Jed 21.
- 1920 Windsor, Hartford, Vermont: Widower George Lapete 34, living with sister Rose & husband Frank Greenough. [Ernest 12 - ?]
- 1930 Newport, Orleans, VT: George LaPete 45 section laborer/railroad.
- 1940 Craftsbury, Orleans, VT: George Lapete 57 farmer/dairy farm, wife Emma 54, children Bert H. Traven 19 general labor/farm, Dorothy M. Traven 10, Geo. H. Traven 15 general labor/farm.
Excerpt from Orleans County Monitor:
- 30 July 1906 – George Lapete of Barton and Effie May Shedd of Lowell were married at the Methodist Episcopal parsonage in this place by the Rev. H.E. Howard on the evening of July 22.
WW1 registration records: George La Pete; Vermont (signed George Lapitre); born 1 May 1885 (Canada); Emma Lapete (mother); medium height, medium build; brown eyes & brown hair.
WWII Records: George Lapette, res. Craftsbury, VT; b. 1 May 1884 Stanstead, Que; contact wife Emma Lapette; 5' 7", 152 lbs., brown eyes & gray hair, dark complexion; 27 Apr 1942 Craftsbury, VT. [signed George Lapete]
Tombstone Inscription, St. Pauls Cemetery, Barton: George / Effie Lapete / 1889 - 1917
Obituaries for the children:
Ernest Edward Lapete: Rutland Daily Herald (Rutland, VT), Saturday, 19 February 1966: Ernest E. Lapete - Leicester - Ernest Edward LaPete, 58, died suddenly Friday in Leicester Junction. He was born in Barton, May 7, 1907, son of George and Effie (White) LaPete. He is survived by his wife, the former Isabelle McAdam LaPete of Leicester; two sons, Ernest LaPete Jr. and Wilfred LaPete, both of Riverside, Calif.; three daughters, Mrs. Arthur Blaise of Cornwall, Mrs. Irene Lussiero of Whiting and Miss Carolyn LaPete of Leicester; 13 grandchildren. Funeral services will be held Sunday at 2 p.m. at the home of his daughter in Whiting by the Rev. Ray W. Blachly, pastor of the Nazarene Church of Leicester. Entombment will be in Pine Hill Cemetery in Brandon. Friends may call at the Lussier home in Whiting Saturday afternoon and evening.
- Rutland Daily Herald (Rutland, VT), Monday, 21 February 1966: Rites for Mr. Lapete - Leicester - Furneral services for Ernest E. LaPete, 58, who died Friday, were held Sunday at 2 p.m. at the home of his daughter, Mrs. Irene Lussier of Whiting by the Rev. Ray W. Blachly. Entombment was in Pine Hill Cemetery in Brandon. Bearers were Frank Lussier of Barre, Laurent Lussier of Cornwall, Harold McAdam of Waterbury, Frederick McAdam of Hardwick, Harry Rickette of Bristol and Andre Lazinesse of Leicester.
Tombstone Inscription, Pine Hill Cemetery, Brandon, Rutland, VT: LaPETE / Ernest E. / 1907 - 1966 / Isabelle A. / 1908 - 1968
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
- Vermont birth/marriage/death items in RED taken from online images of records.
Last updated: 23 September 2021.