Continuation of tree (5th child of Pierre Lepitre/Marguerite Lemire); all known surname descendants:
8 Francois Xavier Lepitre b: 31 October 1851 Stanstead, Quebec; d: 8 December 1893 Derby Line, Orleans, VT
+Marie Emma Pepin b: 18 March 1849 St. Pierre les Becquets, Nicolet, Quebec; m: 2 January 1872 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec [Pierre/Olive Baril]; d: 21 March 1923 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH
9 Marie Delia Lepitre b: 22 September 1872 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: 24 July 1920 Barton, Orleans, VT
+Sylvester S. Hill b: 29 April 1868 Sutton, Quebec; m: 26 April 1892 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec [Sylvester/Catherine McBride]; d: 2 May 1920 Barton, Orleans, VT
9 Euphemie Lepitre b: 8 April 1874 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: 18 November 1950 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH
+Narcisse 'Nelson' Landreville b: 28 May 1867 Montreal, Quebec; m: 9 August 1890 Derby, Orleans, VT [Joseph/Marguerite Germain]; d: 9 January 1945 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH
9 Marie Rose Lepitre b: 20 February 1876 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: 1944 Bury, Estrie, QUE
+Francois Martin Grignon (aka Greenough/Greeno) b: 8 June 1874 Swanton, Franklin, VT; m: 13 February 1893 St. Joseph, Burlington, Chittenden, VT [David/Marie Martin]; d: 1941 Bury, Estrie, QUE
9 John Edouard Lepitre b: 22 February 1878 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: 5 May 1950 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH
+Estelle Janette Gamble b: February 1884 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH; m: 25 January 1902 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH [Charles/Hattie Slecher]; d: 27 January 1940 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH
9 Marie Clarina Lepitre b: 4 December 1879 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: Aft. 1881
9 Hattie Eulalie Lepitre b: 16 December 1881 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: Aft. 1940
+Frank Raiche b: Abt. 1869; m: 22 January 1898 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec [Georges/Anastasie Belouin]; d: 6 October 1898 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec
*2nd Husband of Hattie Eulalie Lepitre:
+Charles Alexander Pringle b: 17 June 1879 Cobourg, Northumberland, ONT; m: 22 November 1904 Boston, Suffolk, MA [Henry/Sarah Jane Black]; d: 30 November 1941 Cobourg, Northumberland, ONT
*3rd Husband of Hattie Eulalie Lepitre:
+John J. McDonald b: Abt. 1880 Boston, Suffolk, MA; m: 9 June 1914 Massachusetts [Thomas/Bridget White]; d: Bef. 1940
9 male Lepitre b: 18 August 1883 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: 18 August 1883 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec
9 George Lepitre b: 1 May 1885 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: 10 May 1955 Hardwick, Caledonia, VT
+Effie May Shedd b: 27 March 1889 West Albany, Orleans, VT; m: 22 July 1906 Lowell, Orleans, VT [Warren/Flora Sweetland]; d: 6 August 1917 St. Johnsbury, Caledonia, VT
*2nd Wife of George Lepitre:
+Emma Izora Shedd (Travis) b: 6 August 1885 Dannemora, Clinton, NY; m: 10 October 1936 Irasburg, Orleans, VT [Warren/Flora Sweetland]; d: 14 September 1949 Hardwick, Caledonia, VT
9 Mitchel Alfred Lepitre b: 17 August 1887 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: 5 October 1948 Boston, Suffolk, MA
+Ellen Riley b: 15 July 1895 Boston, Suffolk, MA; m: 9 March 1931 Boston, Suffolk, MA [Joseph/Mary Howard]: d: 9 April 1944 Boston, Suffolk, MA
9 Amedee Gedeon Lepitre b: 7 November 1889 Sacre Coeur, Stanstead, Quebec; d: 22 February 1958 Detroit, Wayne, MI
+Olivine Beaudoin b: 3 January 1896 Woonsocket, Providence, RI; m: 29 December 1912 Manchester, Hillsborough, NH [Frank/Marie Cloutier] (divorced 1 February 1916 Manchester, NH); d: 1 July 1949 Goffstown, Hillsborough, NH
*2nd Wife of Amedee Gedeon Lepitre:
+Adelia Martel b: February 1891 Barton, Orleans, VT; m: 6 April 1918 Barton, Orleans, VT [Fred/Aurilla Valley]; d: 1 January 1953 Detroit, Wayne, MI
Notes for Francois Xavier Lepitre:
- 1881 Stanstead Plain, Stanstead, Quebec: Francois X. Lepetre 30 (laborer), wife Emma P. 32, Marie 10, Seraphine 8, Rosalie 5, Eduoard 3, Clara 1.
- 1890/91 Vermont/Quebec
- 1900 Derby, Orleans, Vermont: Widow Emma Lapete 51 (servant at hotel); also listed as Emma Leipete (no details) living with daughter Rose 24 & her husband Frank Greenough 24. In Barton, Geo. Lapete 15, Mitchell Lapete 13, and Jeddy Lapete 12, living with their sister Mary L. 27 & her husband of 8 years Sylvester S. Hill 33.
- 1910 White River, Windsor, VT: Frank Greenough 35 grocer/own store, wife Rose M. 34, 7 children; lodgers (including) widow Emily Lapete 54 cook/restaurant & Mitchel F. Lapete 21 operator/moving pictures.
- 1920 widow
WW1 registration records (sons):
John Edouard Lepitre: John Edward Lapete; Manchester, Hillsborough, NH; born 15 Jan 1878 (Canada); Mrs. Stella La Pete; medium height, medium build; blue eyes & light brown hair.
George Lepitre: George La Pete; Vermont (signed George Lapitre); born 1 May 1885 (Canada); Emma Lapete (mother); medium height, medium build; brown eyes & brown hair.
Mitchel Alfred Lepitre: Mitchell A. Lapete, Boston, Suffolk, MA; born 17 Aug 1887 (Stanstead, Quebec); single; short/light; brown eyes; light brown hair; crippled left foot
Amedee Gedeon Lepitre: Gedeon La Pete; Barton, Orleans, VT; born 4 Dec 1887 (Derby, VT); divorced; dependent mother; short height, slender build; gray eyes & light brown hair.
Notes for Marie Emma Pepin:
- Orleans County Monitor (Barton, VT), Wednesday, 19 May 1920: Mrs. Emma Lapete who spent the winter in Michigan with her brother, is at the home of her daughter, Mrs. S.S. Hill, for a few weeks.
- The Landmark (White River Junction, VT), Thursday, 5 April 1923: Mr. and Mrs. F.M. Greenough went to Manchester, N.H., to attend the funeral of her mother, Mrs. Emma LaPete.
Excerpts from Orleans County Monitor:
- 2 October 1905 – Mitchell Lapete is working for the Bell Telephone Company on the line between here and Newport.
- 18 December 1905 – Mitchel Lapete, while pressing hay for William Brown last Saturday, had a very painful accident, breaking his leg. It is a compound fracture between the knee and ankle. Local physicians were summoned and made him as comfortable as possible, and yesterday Dr. Bazin of the Montreal General Hospital took out a piece of bone, and it is hoped the leg can be saved.
- 3 September 1906 – Wednesday Mitchel Lepete underwent a surgical operation on the leg broken last spring.
Obituaries for the children:
Marie Delia Lepitre: Orleans County Monitor (Barton, VT), Wednesday, 28 July 1920: Mrs. S.S. Hill, nee Mary Lapete, who never recovered from the shock suffered July 15, died on the 24th. She was truly a mourner for her late husband and her health suffered in consequence. The funeral was held at St. Paul's church on Monday, burial being in the family lot. She is survived by her mother, two sons, Arthur, of Hardwick, and Edward of this town; two daughters, Gladys and Cora, in the home here, and many other relatives and friends.
Tombstone Inscription, St. Pauls Cemetery, Barton: HILL / Sylvester S. / 1867 - 1920 / Mary Lepete / his wife / 1872 - 1920
Amedee Gedeon Lepitre: Detroit Free Press (MI), Monday, 24 February 1958: Lapete: Gideon, Feb. 22, husband of the late Delia; father of Mrs. Irene Barnes, Mrs. Alice Woodard, Mrs. Ruth Mock, Mrs. Angelus Champion, Mrs. Helen Yeazel, Mrs. Esther Lair and Mrs. Eileen Mendoza. Services from J. Sutton & Son Funeral Home, 4147 Trumbull Ave., Tuesday, 1 p.m.
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
- Vermont/New Hampshire birth/marriage/death items in RED taken from online images of records; also registrations.
Last updated: 19 September 2018.