Continuation of tree (5th child of Jean 'Pierre' Pitre/Anastasie Doyle); all known surname descendants:
8 Nicholas Pitre b: 25 September 1873 Ste. Famille, Bathurst, Gloucester, NB; d: 19 August 1948 Portland, Cumberland, ME
+ Mary E. Hogan b: March 1876 Orono, Penobscot, ME; m: 3 August 1895 Orono, Penobscot, ME [Andrew/Sadie McNully]; d: 15 February 1966 Portland, Cumberland, ME
9 Helene Peters b: 27 January 1896 Orono, Penobscot, ME; d: Aft. 1940
9 Katherine L. Peters b: 9 January 1898 Orono, Penobscot, ME; d: Aft. August 1948
9 Francis Edward Peters b: 30 November 1899 Orono, Penobscot, ME; d: Bef. 1910
9 Sarah Anastasia Peters b: 20 September 1902 Millinocket, Penobscot, ME; d: 20 September 1902 Millinocket, Penobscot, ME
9 Sara Anastara Peters b: 11 October 1904 Orono, Penobscot, ME; d: Aft. 1940
+John J. Leyden b: Abt. 1906; m: 27 August 1928; d: Aft. 1940
9 Gladys Marie Peters b: 2 April 1909 Orono, Penobscot, ME; d: 11 April 1909 Orono, Penobscot, ME
9 Donald Peters b: 18 November 1911 Orono, Penobscot, ME; d: April 1992 Portland, Cumberland, ME
Notes for Nicholas Pitre:
- 1900 Orono, Penobscot, Maine: Nicholas Peters 25 (machinist), wife of 5 years Mary H. 24, Helene 4, Katherine L. 2, Francis E. 6 months.
- 1910 Orono, Penobscot, ME: Nicholas J. Peters 35 (paper mill/third hand), wife of 14 years Mary E. 34, Helen 14, Catherine 12, Sarah 5.
- 1920 Bangor, Penobscot, ME: Nicholas J. Peters 47 (life insurance agent), wife Mary 43, Helen 23, Catherine 22, Sadie 15, Donald 8.
- 1930 Portland, Cumberland, ME: Mary E. Peters 53 (mar.), Helen M. 32, Catherine L. 30, Donald 17, daughter Sarah 25 & husband of 2 years John Lyden 23, Shirley 1 year 6 months.
- 1940 Portland, Cumberland, ME: Sadie A. Lyden 35, husband John J. 33 fireman/fire department, Shirley A. 11, John F. 9, mother Mary S. Peters 65, father Nicholas J. 66, sister Helen M. 44, brother Donald A. 27 laborer/WPA project [12 Bradford]
WW1 registration records: Nicholas James Peters; Bangor, ME; born 24 Sep 1874; Mary E. Peters (wife); medium height, medium build; blue eyes & brown hair; insurance.
Obituary: The Bangor Daily News (Bangor, ME), Friday, 20 August 1948: Nicholas Peters - Orono, Aug. 19 - Word has been received in Orono of the sudden death this morning in Portland of Nicholas J. Peters, 73, a former Orono resident. He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Mary Hogan Peters; two daughters, Katherine Peters and Mrs. Sadie Jellison; a son, Donald, of Portland; two sisters, Miss Gertrude Peters of Portland, Mrs. Frances Trainor of Waterville; and three brothers, Edward J., of Orono, Joseph of Hancock, and John of Brewer; and two grandchildren. A high Mass of Requiem will be sung at 8 o'clock Wednesday morning in Portland. The remains will be brought to Orono where committal services will be held by Rev. Maurice B. Boland Wednesday afternoon at Riverside cemetery.
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
- Maine items in RED from online birth/marriage/death certificates.
Last updated: 25 November 2020.