Continuation of tree (3rd child of Michel Lepitre/Marie Celia Bisaillon); all known surname descendants:
8 Michel Augustus Pitre b: 12 July 1867 Madrid, St. Lawrence, NY (bap. 11 Jan 1868 St. Stanislas de Kostka, Beauharnois); d: 29 May 1957 Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
+Mary Delima Deranleau b: 16 October 1881 Little Falls, Morrison, MN; m: 1 January 1900 Lewiston, Fergus, MT [Alfred Joseph/Sophie Marson]; d: 9 September 1984 Lynwood, Los Angeles, CA
Notes for Michel Augustus Pitre:
- 1900 Lewiston, Fergus, Montana: Michael A. Peter 32 carpenter, wife Mary D. 18, brother Joseph H. Peter 18 confectioner, sister-in-law Mary J. Deranleau 14.
- 1910 Moore, Fergus, MT: Alfred J. Deranleau 60 farmer, wife of 40 years Sophie M. 60, Oscar J. 22 farmer, Clara M. 19, Albina M. 17, son-in-law Michael A. Peter 42 carpenter/house, wife of 10 years Delima M. 28.
- 1920 Lewiston, Fergus, MT: Michael A. Peter 52 carpenter/house, wife Delma 38 bookkeeper/laundry, sister-in-law Clara Deranlau 29 saleswoman/dry goods store
- 1930 Compton, Los Angeles, California: Michel A. Peters 62 carpenter, wife Delema 48.
- 1940 Compton, Los Angeles, CA: Michael A. Peter 72, wife Delima 58.
Tombstone Inscription, Calvary Cemetery, Los Angeles: Michael Peter / 1867 - 1957
Misc.: Applied for a Homestead in Alberta (1 April 1913), as did his brother-in-law Oscar Joseph Deranleau (3 January 1913).
- Seattle Daily Times, Saturday, 31 December 1949: Californians will renew vows here (photo included) - Mr. and Mrs. Michael A. Peter, of Compton, Calif., will renew their wedding vows at 10:30 o'clock Mass in Our Lady of Lourdes Church on New Year's Day, their 50th wedding anniversary. Peter's brother, Henry, of Carnation, who was best man when the couple was married in Lewistown, Mont., will be present at the ceremony. Afterward there will be a dinner and reception for family and friends in the Beacon Hill Clubhouse. The Peters came to Seattle several weeks ago to be with Peter's brothers and sisters for the anniversary celebration. They are staying with his sister, Mrs. Fred Yocum, at 717 Cloverdale St. Two other sisters and a brother live in Carnation. They are Miss Josephine Peter, Mrs. Sarah Dore, and Paul Peter. Another sister, Mrs. Frank J. Cyr, lives in Yakima. Peter is a retired builder.
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
Last updated: 26 March 2021.