Continuation of tree (4th child of Toussaint Pitre/wife Mary Batour); all known surname descendants:
8 Leo Julius Petre b: 21 February 1891 Gilford, Tuscola, MI; d: 25 October 1948 Ontario, San Bernardino, CA
+Bessie Marilla Snyder b: 16 February 1890 Midland Co., MI; m: 4 August 1913 Billings, Yellowstone, MT [William F./Mary O'Donnell]; d: 20 January 1989 Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA
9 Mary Leone Petre b: 20 May 1915 Montana; d: 25 January 1994 Ontario, San Bernardino, CA
+Thomas Porter Kirkland
9 Bette Mae Petre b: 25 May 1920 Mt. Vernon, Skagit, WA; d: 11 November 1997 Phoenix, Maricopa, AZ
+Robert Marvin Orsburn b: 8 December 1918 Ontario, San Bernardino, CA; m: unknown; d: 24 July 2000 Phoenix, Maricopa, AZ
9 Greta Jean Petre b: 25 October 1921 Mt. Vernon, Skagit, WA; d: 3 April 1922 Mt. Vernon, Skagit, WA
9 Robert Warren Petre b: 27 February 1927 Ontario, San Bernardino, CA; d: 10 November 2010 Covina, Los Angeles, CA
+Doris --- m : Abt. 1947; d: Aft. November 2010
Notes for Leo Julius Petre:
- 1920 Mt. Vernon, Skagit, Washington: Leo J. Petre 29 laborer, wife Bessie 30, Mary L. 4 years 6 months.
- 1930 Ontario, San Bernardino, California: Leo Petre 39 iron factory polisher, wife Bessie 40, Leone 14, Betty M. 9, Robert 3 years 2 months
- 1940 Ontario, San Bernardino, CA: Leo J. Petre 49 stationary engineer/General Electric, wife Bessie M. 50, Robert Warren 13.
Obituaries for the children:
Robert Warren Petre: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, 19 November 2010: Longtime Covina resident died peacefully on Wednesday, November 10, 2010. Bob grew up in Ontario, California and taught at Gladstone High School for many years. He was a longtime union advocate and helped bring collective bargaining for teachers to California. His belief in social justice and tolerance led him to assist many of his low income students to enroll in college and develop successful professional careers. He is survived by his wife of 63 years, Doris, his three children, Steve, Cheryl and Kathy, nieces and nephews, six grandchildren, and six great grandchildren with identical twin boys on the way, a tradition that was started by his mother and her twin sister. Services will be held on Saturday, November 20th at 10am at Bellevue Memorial Park in Ontario - 1240 West G Street Ontario, California.
Tombstone Inscription, Bellevue Memorial Park, Ontario: Robert Warren Petre / February 27, 1927 / November 10, 2010 (photo)
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
- Births/Marriages/Deaths in RED without a church have come from the Michigan Return of Births/Marriages/Deaths (Family Search online - actual pages viewable). While births & marriages name parents, deaths list only age & marital status.
- Michigan deaths between 1897-1920 in RED taken from death certificates (online), which may also include birthdate.
- Some items in RED from obituaries.
Last updated: 25 November 2016.