Continuation of tree (2nd child of Joseph Pitre/Madeleine Duplessis); all known surname descendants:
7 John Pitre b: 5 September 1871 St. John the Evangelist, Belledune, Gloucester, NB; d: 7 May 1917 Berlin, Coos, NH
+Marceline Lagace b: 29 September 1876 Pointe Verte, Gloucester, NB; m: 24 July 1893 Belledune, Gloucester, NB [Francois/Marie Guitard]; d: Bef. 1910
8 Joseph Denis Pitre b: 15 May 1894 Green Point, Gloucester, NB
+Maude Martin b: 7 May 1901 Rumford, Oxford, ME; m: 4 September 1922 Berlin, Coos, NH [Charles/Clara M. Beaupre] (divorced 3 October 1933); d: 30 July 1971 Portland, Cumberland, ME
8 Mary Emma Pitre b: 7 June 1895 Green Point, Gloucester, NB
*2nd Wife of John Pitre:
+Ina May Downs (Crockett) b: Abt. 1875 Springfield, Penobscot, ME; m: 15 November 1913 Berlin, Coos, NH [Ira/Ella Worcester]; d: April 1940 Hartford, Hartford, CT
Notes for John Pitre:
- 1910 Enfield, Penobscot, Maine: Widower John Pete 34 farmer/general farm, boarders are family of George W. Crockett 36 laborer/pulp mill, wife Ina M. 35 and their 5 children.
- 1920 Berlin, Coos, NH: Mrs. John Pete 43 widow, Thelma 15, Minie 10, Allen 9 (children are Crockett not Pete).
- 1930 Berlin, Coos, New Hampshire: Ina Pete 54 chambermaid/rooming house, lodgers Ernest Derwin 41 laborer/tube mill & Freeman Downes 52 cutter/paper mill.
- 1940 Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut: Wesley Young 43 attendant/garage, wife Minnie 30, Marion 14, lodger Paul Russo 29 attendant/garage, widowed mother-in-law Ina Pete 64 [143 Huyshope Avenue]
Notes for Ina Downs:
- Widow Ina married Joseph H. Jessone on 1 October 1922 in Berlin, NH.
- Hartford Courant (Hartford, CT), Wednesday, 17 April 1940: Mrs. Ina Pete Funeral. The funeral of Mrs. Ina Pete of 143 Huyshope Avenue, widow of John Pete, was held at the O'Brien Funeral Home Tuesday afternoon. Bearers were Lester Hier, Samuel DeMauro, George Abraham, Edward Cunningham, Allen Jarish and Walter Yaraswich. Rev. Warren S. Archibald officiated. Burial was in Center Cemetery, Newington.
World War I registration records (sons):
Joseph Denis Pitre: Dennis Pete, res. 79 Green, Berlin, NH; b. 26 May 1894 Campbellton, NB; river driver; supporting mother, sister (11) & brother (3); single; short height; stout build; brown eyes & brown hair; Piscataquis, ME; 1917.
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
- Some deaths in RED from online death certificates (1920-1938), online death registrations (1888-1919).
- New Brunswick marriages in RED also from Vital Statistics Records (online)
Last updated: 27 April 2022.