Continuation of tree (2nd child of Victor Pitre/Marguerite Leblanc); all known surname descendants:
8 Guillaume Pitre b: 2 December 1886 Ste. Therese, Robertville, Gloucester, NB; d: 25 October 1953 Huntington, Long Island, Suffolk, NY
+Marie Eva Pitre b: 13 October 1897 Sacre Coeur, Bathurst, Gloucester, NB; m: 25 November 1913 Ste. Famille, Bathurst, Gloucester, NB [William/Catherine Roy]; d: 1 December 1990 Venice, Sarasota, FL
9 Moses Hector Pitre b: 29 August 1914 Ste. Famille, Bathurst, Gloucester, NB; d: 24 February 1915 Ste. Famille, Bathurst, Gloucester, NB
9 Mary Agatha 'Lillian' Pitre b: 19 April 1916 Ste. Famille, Bathurst, Gloucester, NB; d: 28 August 2003 Venice, Sarasota, FL
+Walton Grey Bowers b: 14 August 1911 Franklin, Pendleton, WV; m: unknown [Lucien Edward/Frances Victoria Keister]; d: 11 June 2005 Englewood, Sarasota, FL
9 Joseph Francis 'Chestley aka Charles' Pitre b: 5 December 1917 Ste. Famille, Bathurst, Gloucester, NB; d: February 1986 Huntington Station, Suffolk, NY
9 Joseph Oswald Pitre b: 15 April 1919 Ste. Famille, Bathurst, Gloucester, NB; d: 25 December 1983 Huntington Station, Suffolk, NY
+Josephine Veronica Brennan b: 13 January 1925; m: 5 June 1944 St. Joseph, King Porte, Long Island, NY; d: 2 February 2015 Huntington Station, Suffolk, NY
Notes for Guillaume Pitre:
- 1911 Bathurst, Gloucester, New Brunswick: William Pitre 24 buildings carpenter, living with brother Theodore Pitre 26 buildings carpenter & his wife Hattie 22, William 1.
- May 1921 Border crossings: William V. Pitre, wife Eva 23, Lily 4, Chesley 3, Mary 1; St. John, NB; age 34, carpenter, b. Bathurst, father Victor; dest Bridgeport, Conn.
- 1930 Glen Cove, Nassau, New York: William Petrie 43 carpenter/house. wife Eva 32, Lillian 13, Chestley 12, Oswald 10.
- 1940 Huntington, Suffolk, New York: William Petrie 54 [$8000 house value] carpenter/building line, wife Eva 43, Lillian 24 waitress/diner, 2 lodgers [266 East Jericho Turnpike]. Chestley Petrie 22 painter/building and brother Ozzie 21 gardener/private estate, also living in Huntington on East Chestnut Drive.
Obituary: The Suffolk County News, Sayville, NY, 30 October 1953 - Missing Man found dead - South Huntington - Missing for 18 hours from the boarding house he owned, William Petrie, 66, of 266 East Jericho Turnpike, was found Monday lying dead near a pile of leaves. Death was attributed to natural causes, probably a heart attack. He had last been seen Sunday afternoon burning the leaves.
Obituaries for the children:
Mary Agatha 'Lillian' Pitre: Tombstone Inscription, TI, Gulf Pines Memorial Park, Englewood, Sarasota, FL: BOWERS / Walton G. / 1911 - 2005 / Lillian A. / 1916 - 2003
Joseph Oswald Pitre: The Long Islander, Huntington, NY, Thursday, 29 December 1983: Ossie Petrie, 64, of Huntington Station, died Dec. 25,
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
- Some deaths in RED from online death certificates (1920-1963).
Last updated: 12 March 2020.