Continuation of tree (8th child of Augustus Peters/Elizabeth Grondin); all known surname descendants:
8 Cornelius Samuel Peet b: 13 September 1885 Erie, Monroe, MI; d: Bet. 1920-1930 Toledo, Lucas, Ohio
+Mary Josephine Digue (Grodi) b: 27 February 1864 Monroe, Monroe, MI; m: Bet. 1910-1918 Ohio [Thomas/Mary Giroux]; d: 9 June 1954 Toledo, Lucas, OH
Notes for Cornelius Samuel Peet:
- 1910 Washington, Lucas, Ohio: Widow Josephine Grodi 45 keeper/boarding house, Curtis 18 laborer/RR co., Lotta 17 operator/telephone, Rachel 11, Leo 13, Lena 8, Eddy 6; boarder Cony Peet 25 laborer/RR co.
- 1920 Toledo, Lucas, OH: Cornelius Peet 35 moulder/iron-steel co., wife Mary J. 49 in sausage room/wholesale meat co., stepson Leo F. Grodi 22 casing man/wholesale meat co. [182 Sylvania Ave.]
- 1930 Toledo, Lucas, OH: Widow Josephine M. Peet 63 housekeeping/hotel, boarder Frank Jack 49 (div.) plumber.
- 1940 Toledo, Lucas, OH: Widow Josephine Peete 76 maid/hotel, married daughter Lena Stocker 35 maid/hotel, Betty Stocker 17, roomer Frank Jack 62 plumber/odd jobs.
WWI Registration Records: Cornelious Samuel Peet, 182 Sylvania Ave., Toledo, age 33, b. 18 Oct 1885; moulding, Lewis Electric, rel Josephine Mary Peet same address; tall/stout, blue eyes, light hair, 12 Sep 1917/18; no signature
WWII draft registration: Cornelius Samuel Peet, 315 Sylvania Ave., Toledo, Lucas, OH; age 56, b. 18 Oct 1885 Erie, MI; someone who knows his address Geo. Sodd same address; 5'10", 200 lbs.; blue eyes, bald, ruddy complexion; Toledo 26 April 1942
- 1928 Toledo Directory: Cornelius Pete mldr r4030 Funston
- 1931 Toledo Directory: Cornelius S. Peet mldr h4030 Funston [Josephine Peet maid h1705 Locust]
Social Security applications & claims index: Cornelius Peet, b. 18 Oct 1885 Erie, MI; d. Jun 1952; claim date 19 Jun 1952; parents August G. Peet & Elizabeth Grodi
Burial: Forest Cemetery, Toledo
Notes for Mary Josephine Digue:
Obituary: Toledo Blade, Thursday, 10 June 1954: Mrs. Mary Josephine Peet, 91, formerly of 1622 Walnut St., died yesterday in the Grace Heater Rest Home after a 4-month illness. Born in Monroe, Mich., Mrs. Peet was a Toledo resident 70 years, and a member of St. Mary's Church. Surviving are sons, Otis, Curtis and Leo Grodi, all of Toledo; daughters Mrs. Lena Bohs, Toledo; Mrs. Lottie Chambers, Wixom, Mich.; Mrs. Mary Berry, Temperance, and Rachel Clemens, St. Paul, Minn., 11 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren, and two great-great-grandchildren. The body is in the Abele Mortuary. Services will be 9 a.m. Saturday in St. Mary's Church.
Tombstone Inscription, Forest Cemetery, Toledo: Mother / Mary J. Peet / 1864 - 1954
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
Michigan death certificates.
Last updated: 4 March 2018.