Continuation of tree (7th child of William Pete/Agnes Lajeunesse); all known surname descendants:
8 Alfred Joseph Pete b: 3 May 1891 LaSalle, Monroe, MI; d: 5 January 1930 LaSalle, Monroe, MI
+Edna A. Baumia b: 30 March 1896 LaSalle, Monroe, MI; m: 25 November 1914 Monroe, Monroe, MI [Charles/Rose Lavigne]; d: 27 February 1995 Monroe, MI
9 Jeanette Mae Pete b: 9 February 1915 LaSalle, Monroe, MI; d: 20 January 2012 Monroe, Monroe, MI
+Ernest John Russeau b: 29 August 1903 LaSalle, Monroe, MI; m: 19 May 1931 Erie, Monroe, MI [Jerome/Clarsey Benore]; d: 23 December 1985 Sylvania, Lucas, OH
9 Melvin Joseph Pete b: 14 September 1917 LaSalle, Monroe, MI; d: 4 August 1999 Monroe, MI
+Dorothy B. Lajiness b: Abt. 1921; m: 14 September 1940 Erie, Monroe, MI [Thomas/Roseann Grodi]; d: 3 December 1984 Monroe, MI
*2nd Wife of Melvin J. Pete:
+Nancy A. Moore b: Abt. 1931; m: 2 February 1970 Lucas Co., OH [Cecil/Odeste Wamsley]; d: 3 November 2010
9 Earl J. Pete b: 3 November 1922 LaSalle, Monroe, MI; d: 25 August 1985 Ann Arbor, Washtenaw, MI
+Elizabeth Mae Ost b: Abt. 1925; m: unknown [August W./Margaret Lockwood]; 16 January 2016 Monroe, MI
9 Hazel Pete b: Abt. 1925 LaSalle, Monroe, MI; d: Aft. January 2012
Notes for Alfred Joseph Pete:
- 1900 LaSalle, Monroe, MI: William Pete 42 farm laborer, 2nd wife Cesale 25, Mary 16, Louisa 12, Alfred 9, Israel 5, Margaret 2.
- 1920 LaSalle, Monroe, MI: Alfred Pete 28 laborer/paper mill, wife Edna 23, Janetta 4 years 10 months, Melvin 2 years 4 months, brother-in-law Roy Bomia 20 laborer/paper mill.
- 1930 LaSalle, Monroe, MI: Widow Edna Pete 34, Jeanette 15, Melvin 12, Earl 7, Hazel 4 years 2 months.
- 1940 LaSalle, Monroe, MI: Widow Edna Peete 40 servant/housework, Melvin 20 laborer/railroad, Earl 17 laborer/paper mill, Hazel 14.
WWI Registration Records: Alfred J. Pete, b. 3 May 1881 LaSalle, laborer, wife & child, medium height, slender build, gray eyes, black hair; Monroe, MI 5 Jun 1917
Obituaries for the children:
Jeanette Mae Pete: Monroe Evening News, Thursday, 26 January
2012 - Jeanette Mae Russeau, 96 of Monroe - Jeanette M. Russeau
Feb. 9, 1915-Jan. 20, 2012: Jeanette Mae Russeau, 96, of LaSalle
died at 12:22 a.m. Friday at Medilodge of Monroe under the wonderful care of
their staff and Heartland Hospice. Friends may call from 9:30 a.m. to 11
a.m. service time on Saturday January 28, 2012, at the Rupp Funeral Home.
Deacon Michael Hammond will officiate with burial to follow at Roselawn Memorial
Park, LaSalle. Born February 9, 1915, in LaSalle she was the daughter of
Alfred and Edna (Bomia) Pete. She was the oldest of four children.
Brothers Melvin and Earl Pete preceded her in death, her sister Hazel
Yenor survives. The Pete family made their home on Kelly Rd. in
LaSalle Township. When Jeanette was 16 she married Ernest Russeau
also of Kelly Rd. Ernie died in 1985. As a widow, Jeanette continued
to live on Kelly Rd. in the second of two houses the family owned. During
Jeanette and Ernie's marriage they had three sons, Don (Audrey) of Round
Lake Beach, Ill., Ray (Francie) of Holland, Ohio, and Gary (Pat)
of Kelly Rd. and Florida. Jeanette is also survived by nine grandchildren
and sixteen great grandchildren. Jeanette demonstrated her love for our
Lord Jesus Christ by praying from her prayer book daily, and saying the Rosary
for those in need. She was a member of St. Joseph Church, Erie for 76
years and received all of her sacraments there. The family would like to
thank Sandy Gabrial, her neighbor, who watched over her for many years;
Marilyn Rogers for her love and patience that allowed Jeanette to stay in
her home for five years; and Medilodge of Monroe for two-plus years where the
staff provided a most caring, loving and safe environment. If considering
a memorial, the family requests donations to the activity fund at Medilodge, or
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
- Births/Marriages/Deaths in RED without a church have come from the Michigan Return of Births/Marriages/Deaths (Family Search online - actual pages viewable). While births & marriages name parents, deaths list only age & marital status.
- Michigan deaths between 1897-1920 in RED taken from death certificates (online), which may also include birthdate.
- Some items in RED from obituaries.
Last updated: 3 March 2018.