Continuation of tree (9th child of Louis Hermengilde Lepitre/2nd Wife Angeline Cassavant); all known surname descendants:
7 Victor Pete b: 16 January 1865 LaSalle, Monroe, MI; d: 17 February 1934 Erie, Monroe, MI
+Eliza Boodry (aka Beaudry) b: Abt. 1867; m: 18 November 1890 Newport, Monroe, MI [Gilbert/Caroline Chenovert] (divorced 6 August 1910)
*2nd Wife of Victor Pete:
+Lydia Cooley b: Abt. 1865; m: Bet. 1910-1920
*3rd Wife of Victor Pete:
+Laura Rousseau (Pete) b: 12 November 1873 LaSalle, Monroe, MI; m: 16 June 1925 Erie, Monroe, MI [Alexander/Mary Roe]; d: 18 February 1932 Monroe, Monroe, MI
Notes for Victor Pete:
- 1870 Erie, Monroe, MI: Jalius Peete 48 fisherman, wife Angeline 50, Mary 17, David 7, Victor 5, William 12, Antoine 22 (sic 12), Peter 15.
- 1910 Monguagon, Wayne, MI: Victor Pete 39 laborer/stone quarry (div.), boarding
- 1920 Monguagon, Wayne, MI: Victor Pete 50 foreman, railroad, wife Lydia 54
- 1930 Erie, Monroe, MI: Victor Peto 62, wife Laura 55, Neland 35 laborer/factory salt, Verden 18 odd jobs, Neoma 14.
MI marriage record: 18 Nov 1890, Newport - Victor Peet 22, res. Erie, laborer (parents: Julius Peet & Angeline Cassaraugh) & Eliza Boodry 20 res. Berlin (parents: Gilbert Boodry & Caroline Chinverane)
MI marriage record: 16 Jun 1925, Erie - Victor Pete 54, res. Riverview, section foreman, 2 previous marriages, (parents Julius/Angeline Morrell) & Laura Russeau Pete 50, res. Erie, 1 previous marriage, (parents: Ollie/Mary Shettleroe), witnesses: Prosper J. Burgard & Beulah Burgard
MI Death cert: Victor Peat, at Erie, widower of Laura, b. 16 Jan 1865 LaSalle, d. 17 Feb 1934, foreman - labor D.U.R., parents Jules Peat b. Canada & Angeline Casavor b. LaSalle; informant Floyd Peat of Packwood; buried St. Joseph Erie 20 Feb 1934
Tombstone Inscription, St. Joseph Cemetery, Erie: PETE / (separate stone) Victor / 1869 - 1934 // (separate stone) Laura / 1873 - 1931
- Detroit Times, Monday, 8 August 1910: Eliza Pete said that her husband, Victor, had knocked her down with a chair, and then threw all the dishes in the house on her. A witness was asked as to Victor's drinking habits and she said he was drunk nearly all the time. "He was drunk when he was married," she said. Decree granted. Divorced 6 August 1910 - extreme cruelty.
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
- Births/Marriages/Deaths in RED without a church have come from the Michigan Return of Births/Marriages/Deaths (Family Search online - actual pages viewable). While births & marriages name parents, deaths list only age & marital status.
- Michigan deaths between 1897-1920 in RED taken from death certificates (online), which may also include birthdate.
- Some items in RED from obituaries.
Last updated: 1 March 2018.