Continuation of tree (1st child of Gregoire 'Liboire' Pitre/2nd Wife Jovite Judith Bouchard); all known surname descendants:
8 Maximilien Lepitre b: 15 November 1852 St. Clement, Beauharnois, Quebec; d: 21 February 1920 Lorain, Lorain, OH
+Hannah Slocum (Mills) b: 14 February 1851 Whitby, Durham, ONT; m: 24 August 1878 Wallaceburg, Kent, ONT [William Alonzo/Kate ---]; d. 2 January 1933 Lorain, Lorain, OH
9 Thomas Andrew Peets b: 5 October 1885 Wallaceburg, Kent, ONT; d: 26 June 1965 Lorain, Lorain, OH
+Frances Juliet Porter b: 25 January 1885 Lorain, Lorain, OH; m: Abt. 1913 [Julian/Elizabeth McCurry]; d: 12 January 1972 Avon, Lorain, OH
Notes for Maximilien Lepitre:
- 1881 Wallaceburg, Kent, Ontario: Maxim Gregoire 26, wife Annie 28, stepsons John (Mills) 10, James (Mills) 8.
- 1891 Dawn, Bothwell, ONT: Maxim Peets 38 (farmer), wife Annie 38, John (Mills) 20, James (Mills) 19, Thomas 5.
- 1911 Camden, Kent East, ONT: Marvin Peets 60, wife Hannah 60; James Mills 38. In 1910 (Lorain, Lorain, Ohio), Thomas A. Peets 34, living with half-brother John W. Mills 38 & wife Augusta J. 32.
- November 1919 arrival at Detroit, MI: Maxim Peets 68 farmer (from Wallaceburg); nearest relative stepson Jos. Mayo of Thamesville, ONT; destination Lorain, Ohio; wife Hannah 68 (Irish), nearest relative is son.
- 1920 Lorain, Lorain, Ohio: Maxime Peets 70 (proprietor/grocery store), wife Hannah 68.
- 1930 Lorain, Lorain, Ohio: Widow Mrs. Annie Peets 78, son James Mills 45; roomer George Abel 60.
Tombstone Inscription: Calvary Cemetery, Lorain: Maxim / Peets / 1852 - 1920 / Woodmen of the World / Memorial / PEETS // Mother / Hannah M. Peets / 1851 - 1933
Calvary Cemetery, Lorain: PEETS / Thomas A. / 1885 - 1965 / Juliet F. / 1885 - 1972
Misc.: Detroit Free Press, Wednesday, 16 December 1908: Mrs. M. Peets, 315 Third street, Lorain, O., reported to the police yesterday that someone stole her valise and contents, valued at £15, from the Grand Trunk depot, foot of Brush street, while she was waiting for a Lake Shore train to depart.
WWI registration records (son):
- Thomas Andrew Peets: Thomas Andrew Peets; Lorain, Ohio; born 5 Oct 1885 Wallaceburg; wife Francis Juliet Peets; medium height, slender build; blue eyes & brown hair.
Obituary for the son:
Thomas Andrew Peets: Plain Dealer (Cleveland, OH), Sunday, 27 June 1965: Thomas A. Peets, 80, 259 Oberlin Ave., Lorain, O., Saturday a.m., beloved husband of Juliet Frances (nee Porter), father of Mrs. Jane Vecchio, Lorain, Mary Margaret Peets, D. K. C. USN, Washington, D.C., Major Elizabeth Ann Peets, U.S. Army, Fort Monroe, Va., and Juliet F. Peets, R.N., Washington, D.C., grandfather of one. Friends may call after 4 P.M. today and from 10 A.M. to 10 P.M. Monday, at the Reidy-Scanlan Funeral Home, Lorain, Oh, where services will be Tuesday at 10:30 a.m., St. Mary Church. Burial at Calvary Cemetery, Lorain, O.
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
- Ohio entries in RED from online records.
Last updated: 2 October 2021.