Continuation of tree (14th child of Zacharie 'Thare' Lepitre/Marie Chouinard); all known surname descendants:
8 Joseph Etienne 'Alfred' Lepitre b: 1 January 1900 St. Louis, East Angus, Westbury, Compton, Quebec; d: 2 March 1986 Orlando, Orange, FL
+ Josephine Chouinard b: 25 November 1889 Northampton Co., MA; m: 1924 Northampton Co., MA [Joseph George/Elizabeth Petit]; d: 23 June 1971 Orlando, Orange, FL
*2nd Wife of Joseph Etienne 'Alfred' Lepitre:
+ Marie Onida Adrienne Lemire (Campagna) b: 22 February 1915 St. Edmond, Coaticook, Stanstead, Quebec; m: unknown [Henri/Celina Pageault]; d: 23 June 2001
Notes for Joseph Etienne 'Alfred' Lepitre:
- 1930 Northampton, Hampshire, Massachusetts: Etienne Lepitre 30 laundry washman, wife Josephine 40. [234 Spring St.]
- 1940 Northampton, Hampshire, MA: Etienne Lepitre 40 washer/public laundry, wife Josephine folder/public laundry, brother-in-law Albert Chouinard 57.
- Border Crossings: Etienne Lepitre 6 Apr 1923; Newport, VT Age 23, laborer, lang Fr, res Angus, Quebec; dest Kingsboro, MA (uncle Cyprien Comeau); father Thare; 5'8"; med compl, brown hair, grey eyes; b. E. Angus, Quebec
- WWII Records: Etienne Lepitre, res. 234 Spring St., Florence, Northampton, Hampshire, MA; b. 1 Jan 1900 East Angus, Can; contact Mrs. Josephine Lepitre (same address); employer Belding Laundry; 5' 7 1/2", 160 lbs., brown eyes & black hair, dark complexion; 15 Feb 1942 Northampton, MA.
- Springfield Republican, Saturday, 1 May 1943: House damaged by fire at Florence - Blaze starting from poultry brooder causes $2000 loss at Etienne LePitre's home - Northampton, April 30: Fire which started from an overheated poultry brooder, early this morning spread to the home of Etienne LePitre of Spring street, Florence, causing the occupants to flee hurriedly in what few garments they were able to snatch up handily. The fire killed a number of chickens in the brooder and destroyed part of the LePitre home, causing a loss estimated at close to $2000. When the fire had been brought under control, the roof of the house had been partly burned away.
Obituary: The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, FL), Tuesday, 4 March 1986: Etienne Lepitire, 86, 2812 Backeil Drive, Orlando, died Sunday. Born in East Angus, Quebec, Canada, he moved to Orlando from Tavares, in 1963. He was a retired citrus merchant and a member of St. Charles Catholic Church, Orlando, Survivors: wife, Onida; stepsons, Andre Campagna, Gaston Campagna, both of East Angus. Rehbaum-Harden Funeral Home, Mount Dora.
Tombstone Inscription, Pine Forest Cemetery, Mount Dora, Lake, FL: LEPITRE / Etienne / 1900 - 1986 / Josephine / 1889 - 1971
Notes for Josephine Chouinard:
Obituary: The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, FL), Thursday, 24 June 1971: Rosary services for Mrs. Josephine Lepitre, 81, 2812 Backiel Drive, who died Wednesday, will be recited from the Rehbaum-Harden Chapel on Friday at 7:30 p.m., with Requiem Mass to be held on Saturday at 9 a.m. from St. Mary of the Lakes Catholic Church, Eustis, with father Fernand Guilbault officiating. Interment will be in Pine Forest Cemetery, Mount Dora. Rehbaum-Harden Funeral Home, Mount Dora, in charge.
Items in RED have been verified against parish register entries.
Last updated: 26 October 2021.